Makhaira Group is looking for instructional staff to fill part-time positions as Firearms Instructors. Qualified candidates will have teaching experience in one or more of the following arenas:
- Law Enforcement
- Private training
- Private or public education
As a staff member at Makhaira Group, you will be interacting with a variety of people from all over the world who are seeking professional-level firearms training. Communication, coaching and a desire to help others excel is required for potential candidates. Candidates must possess effective communication skills.
- Ensure safety and firing procedures are followed while on the firing range;
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills;
- Provide basic to specialized instruction in firearms handling and firing;
- Ensure all posted range rules are followed by users;
- Must be comfortable with public speaking in small groups as well as large venues;
- Knowledge and use of effective adult learning techniques;
- Implement emergency procedures when necessary;
- Order immediate cease-fire when any unsafe condition occurs;
- Troubleshoot the training system, range equipment and lighting;
- Basic principles of First Aid and CPR desired;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Note: Makhaira Group retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Job Description of Part-Time Staff:
Part-time staff is called to work “as needed”. Part-time staff is paid an hourly wage which varies based upon your position in the organization. Makhaira Group challenges its staff to maintain the highest standards of instruction ability and performance. As Makhaira Group expands its full-time staff, we look first to our existing part-time staff trainers who are proven performers.
We provide our Instructor Development Course to build Makhaira Group instructional staff. We are not interested in building your skills so that you can use them elsewhere. We will ask you to sign a non-competition agreement stating that you will teach for Makhaira Group exclusively and for no other private firearms school. Full-time law enforcement and military instructors are welcome to apply. Similarly, part-time NRA, Boy Scouts of America, or CCW instructors are welcome to apply.
- Makhaira Group office in north Fort Collins, Colorado, Liberty Firearms Institute, and various shooting ranges throughout Northern Colorado.
- Training courses are primarily held on Saturdays (day and evening), with some courses being held on weekday evenings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $10/hour for classroom work. $25/hour for range instruction.
- Starting position does not include benefit options. Benefit options may be available in the future.
- One year experience in firearms instruction or a directly related field desired.
- Some experience in customer service, public relations, office management or retail sales.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade required.
- Experience in or with law enforcement, military or government operations desired.
- Strong public relations and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge and principles of firearms and the shooting industry.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new products in a timely manner.
- Observe accurately and remember names, faces, numbers, incidents, and places.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other companies, businesses, shooting ranges, churches and members of the community.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by starting date, a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by starting date, a valid CPR and First Aid and CPR.
- Work inside and outside on various shooting range facilities.
- Ability to work at a standing position for an extended period of time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, kneel, push, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, grasp and walk.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com