Using the “crawl, walk, run” philosophy, students in this course will improve their grasp of the fundamentals of marksmanship, cover the legal issues surrounding the carrying and use of a weapon in self-defense. Students will be introduced to basic pistol craft concepts and skills as they apply to the defensive revolver, both in the classroom and on the range.
Note: This course satisfies the training requirements to apply for a Concealed Handgun Permit in the State of Colorado. This class is taught by NRA certified pistol instructors.
Read the Testimonials of the people who have trained with Makhaira Group.
- Firearms safety
- Fundamentals of shooting (stance, grip, etc.)
- Choosing a revolver and ammunition ballistics
- Tactical presentations including concealed carry
- Methodology of shooting the self defense pistol
- Use of cover
- Tactical reloading
- Drawing from the holster
- Marksmanship and accuracy improvement
- Malfunction clearance (Stoppage drills)
- Tactical gun-handling
- Simulated stress fire
- Good working, serviceable revolver.
- 200 rounds of ammunition (Factory ammo only. No home reloads allowed due to insurance.)
- Belt holster
- 2 speed loaders minimum and method of carry (ie pouch and not pocket)
- Eye protection (clear or yellow for indoor courses)
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
– If you do not have your own, loaner eye and ear protection are available.
- Vest, coat or shirt for concealed carry training (optional)
- Baseball style hat (to keep brass from getting behind eye pro)
- Personal food (optional). Beverages will be provided and while we will not take a formal break, you may eat during the classroom portion if you choose.
Additional Course Information
Class size: Limited to 10 students (minimum of 8)
Length: 7.5 hours total
Tuition: $175 per student ($150 for alumni)
All classes charge an additional one-time fee of $7.00 for a background check for those who are new shooters at LFI.
Location and Time: This course is held at Liberty Firearms Institute, 4990 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO on a Saturday, from 9:30am-5:30pm with a one hour lunch break. Food is not served at this course but you are welcome to bring you own and eat during the classroom portion.
This is an AMAZING, state-of-the-art facility! For more information on this premier facility, go to www.libertyrange.com. You do not need to be a member of LFI to attend our course.
By registering for this course, you agree to the Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.
Questions on this class? Please contact the Makhaira Group before registering.
Are you a Makhaira Group alumnus? Please contact Makhaira Group to receive your Alumni Discount code.