“I am a surgeon. This is my scalpel.” – Mark Hotaling, Navy SEAL (former) Shotgun Breacher
In the Tactical Shotgun Course, you will develop the marksmanship and manipulations skills that will make you the master of this potent arm. Your ability to make ammunition selection, continuity of fire, and malfunction clearances will keep you alive and in the fight long after others have faltered.
Using the “crawl, walk, run” philosophy, students will learn and practice basic and intermediate tactical shotgun skills and shooting fundamentals both in the classroom and on the live-fire range.
The tactical shotgun is an effective fight-stopper and can give you the capability to defend your home and love ones. Effective at both close-range and 100 yards, the tactical shotgun’s flexibility and versatility requires a special set of manipulation skills, making it a “thinking person’s” weapon system.
The defensive shotgun is a demanding weapons system, but extremely effective. In the home, on the road, or on duty. The Makhaira Tactical Shotgun course will provide you with unique skills to be the most effective with this versatile tool.
This class is taught by NRA certified shotgun instructors with military, special operations or high-level law enforcement experience.
Read the Testimonials of the people who have trained with Makhaira Group.
- Firearms safety
- Fundamentals of shooting the tactical shotgun
- Ammunition ballistics
- Mechanical operation
- Care and cleaning
- Shotgun sights
- Tactical carry and employment
- Tactical reloading
- Methodology of shooting the tactical shotgun
- Use of cover
- Marksmanship and accuracy improvement
- Malfunction clearance (Stoppage drills)
- Tactical gun-handling
- Simulated stress fire
- Good working, serviceable shotgun (single barrel – pump or semi) with adjustable tactical sling. Tactical shotguns are preferred but not mandatory. Shotgun must be capable of shooting standard slugs. If barrel has a removable choke, the choke must be IC (Improved Cylinder) or larger.
- 150 rounds of ammunition (A variety of ammunition is used in this course. Minimum of 100 rounds of birdshot (7 1/2 to 9), 25 rounds of 00 Buck, and 25 rounds of slug ammunition. No home reloads allowed due to insurance.)
- Method of carrying ammunition (i.e. pouch, bandoleer, etc.).
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions. We will train rain or shine.
- Sturdy footwear.
- Baseball style hat or appropriate headgear (to keep brass from getting behind eye pro).
- Personal food (optional). Beverages will be provided and while we will not take a formal break, you may eat during the classroom portion if you choose.
Additional Course Information
Length: 7 hours total on a Saturday
Tuition: $175 per student ($150 for alumni)
Class size: Limited to 12 students (minimum of 7)
Times and Locations: This course will be held on July 15th at Great Guns Sporting, Nunn, Colorado: 8:00am-12:30pm classroom, 12:45-4:00 range. Food is not served at this course but you are welcome to bring you own and eat during the classroom portion.
Great Guns Sporting is located at 16126 County Road 96, Nunn, CO a beautiful facility located 35 minutes NE of Fort Collins, CO. For more information on Great Guns, go to www.greatgunssporting.com.
Questions about this class? Please contact Contact Us before registering.
By registering for this course, you agree to our Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.
Are you a Makhaira Group alumnus? Contact us to receive your Alumni Discount Coupon.