AddressGreat Guns Sporting, 16126 Co Rd 96, Nunn, CO View map
This course will build your rifle shooting fundamentals and skills with the scoped rifle.
This course focuses on the principles of shooting a scoped rifle, and teaches students to effectively and confidently shoot out to 300 yards. Either a bolt action or semi-automatic weapon maybe used. This class does not allow red dot holographic or prism scopes, only “traditional” rifle scopes are allowed.
Using the “crawl, walk, run” philosophy, students will learn and practice basic and intermediate scoped rifle skills and shooting fundamentals both in the classroom and on the live-fire range.
Students will learn the capabilities of their scoped rifle while implementing new skills to become a more effective rifle shooter. This course is perfect for the hunter, sport-shooter, or anyone wanting to increase their rifle shooting abilities.
Read the Testimonials of the people who have trained with Makhaira Group.
- Firearms safety
- Fundamentals of shooting a scoped rifle
- Ammunition and ballistics
- Disassembly and assembly
- Mechanical operation
- Care and cleaning
- Zeroing scoped rifles
- Ballistics and ammunition selection
- Methodology of shooting a scoped rifle
- Positional shooting
- Marksmanship and accuracy of scoped rifles
- Working, clean, serviceable scoped rifle capable of 1 MOA or better, .223 or larger.
- A rifle mounted and bore sighted (at a minimum) scope with at least a 4 power magnification (If you need assistance with this please contact us and we will be happy to assist you)
- 80 rounds of rifle ammunition (same make, bullet weight and load). Home reloads will ONLY be allowed in bolt-action rifles, no home reloads allowed in gas-operated guns (no exceptions due to insurance).
- Rifle cheek piece. If you rifle does not have one, we will have ones for purchase available and have the materials needed to adjust it during the training.
- Rifle sling. If you do not have one, we will have slings available for purchase at the class (both “hunting” and “tactical”) Please make sure you have sling studs on the front and rear of your rifle.
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred, we will have Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic hearing protection for sale at the range)
- Rifle cleaning kit for your caliber. We will have plenty of SEAL 1 CLP (Cleaner, Lubricant, and Protectant) for sale at the class for you.
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions.
- Baseball or “boonie” style hat or appropriate headgear.
Optional but recommended equipment:
- Spotting scope or high powered binoculars
- Bipod or shooting bag
- Rear squeeze bag
- Shooting mat
- Knee and elbow pads
- Camp chair (for range breaks)
Additional Course Information
Class size: Limited to 14 students (minimum of 7)
Tuition: $225 per student ($200 for alumni)
Time and Location: 9:00am-6:00pm (2.5 hour classroom, 1 hour lunch and 5.5 hour range). A high-quality, grilled lunch is included in your tuition. This course will be held on July 22nd at Great Guns Sporting, at16126 Co Rd 96, Nunn, CO. Great Guns Sporting is a beautiful facility located 35 minutes NE of Fort Collins, CO.
For more information on Great Guns, go to www.greatgunssporting.com.
Questions about this class? Please contact Contact Us before registering.
By registering for this course, you agree to our Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.
Are you a Makhaira Group alumnus? Contact us to receive your Alumni Discount Code.