An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the Makhaira Group tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
Continuation of employment is contingent upon the results of a criminal background and motor vehicle record check. Paraclete Security Solutions is a division of Makhaira Group.
Responsible for performing skilled security technician work in the service/repair, alteration, installation and maintenance of all security related systems at Paraclete Security Solutions (PSS); resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns; maintaining a preventive maintenance program; and assisting with other security functions.
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. Paraclete Security Solutions retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Performs service/installation of access control, intrusion alarm, camera systems, and other various security related systems.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Assists in the development of training programs for additional installers.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Performs computer program entry as required to add closed circuit television cameras, access control devices, and intrusion alarm systems as needed.
- Recommend, sell and develop security systems and camera systems.
- Order and receive products, training equipment and other related items.
- Participate in business development and company vision.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other companies, businesses, and clients.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Operate personal computers including standard office applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Email and Google Documents.
- Strong public relations and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge and principles of security.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Basic principles of First Aid and CPR desired.
- Organize tasks and paperwork efficiently.
- Make important decisions in a timely manner.
- Work in partnership with customers, vendors, Makhaira staff, and other partners to complete business objectives.
- Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of low voltage systems desirable.
- Ability to learn new products in a timely manner.
- Principles and practices of effective security systems, cameras and home automation.
- Possession of or ability to obtain certifications necessary to install low voltage systems.
- Some experience in customer service, public relations, or group instruction desired.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade required.
- A bachelor’s degree in any related field is preferable.
- Experience in or with law enforcement, military or government operations desired.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by starting date, a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain by starting date, a valid CPR and First Aid.
- Makhaira Group headquarters in Fort Collins will be the primary work location, but extensive travel to installation locations will be required on daily basis.
- Up to 40 hours per week.
- A varied schedule with weekdays evenings and weekends, dependent upon customer needs.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience.
- Starting position does not include benefit options. Benefit options may be available in the future.
- Work in a variety of settings.
- Work outdoors, indoors and in all types of weather.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Lift up to 40 pounds, kneel, push, stoop, squat, climb, crawl, twist, grasp and walk.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in confined environments.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org