This course will improve your pistol shooting fundamentals and basic pistol craft skills with the self defense pistol.
Note: CCW certification is available with this course.
Using the “crawl, walk, run” philosophy, students will learn and practice basic and intermediate pistol skills and shooting fundamentals both in the classroom and on the live-fire range.
This class is taught by NRA certified pistol instructors.
Read the Testimonials of the people who have trained with Makhaira Group.
- Firearms safety
- Fundamentals of shooting (stance, grip, etc.)
- Choosing a pistol and ammunition ballistics
- Tactical presentations including concealed carry
- Methodology of shooting the self defense pistol
- Use of cover
- Tactical reloading
- Drawing from the holster
- Marksmanship and accuracy improvement
- Malfunction clearance (Stoppage drills)
- Tactical gun-handling
- Simulated stress fire
- Good working, serviceable pistol. While this class is geared toward the semi-auto pistol, use of a revolver is permitted with prior approval.
- 200 rounds of ammunition (Factory ammo only. No home reloads allowed due to insurance.)
- Belt holster
- 3 magazines minimum and method of carry.
- Eye and ear protection – If you do not have your own, loaner pairs are available.
- Vest, coat or shirt for concealed carry training (optional)
- Baseball style hat (to keep brass from getting behind eye pro)
- Beverages will be provided. There will be an hour break for lunch and you may eat during the classroom portion if you choose.
Additional Course Information
Class size: Limited to 10 students (minimum of 8)
Length: 8 hours total
Tuition: $175 per student ($150 for alumni)
Location and Time: This course will be held on Saturday, September 9th from 9:30am-6:30pm at Liberty Firearms Institute at 4990 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown CO. LFI is an amazing state of the art facility. For more information, visit their website at libertyrange.com.