This course is set up for couples to learn together and improve their skills.
This course will improve your pistol shooting fundamentals and basic pistol craft skills with the self defense pistol.
Note: CCW certification is available with this course (see below).
Using the “crawl, walk, run” philosophy, students will learn and practice basic and intermediate pistol skills and shooting fundamentals both in the classroom and on the live-fire range.
This class is taught by NRA certified pistol instructors.
- Firearms safety
- Fundamentals of shooting (stance, grip, etc.)
- Choosing a pistol and ammunition ballistics
- Tactical presentations including concealed carry
- Methodology of shooting the self defense pistol
- Use of cover
- Tactical reloading
- Drawing from the holster
- Marksmanship and accuracy improvement
- Malfunction clearance (Stoppage drills)
- Tactical gun-handling
- Simulated stress fire
- Good working, serviceable pistol. While this class is geared toward the semi-auto pistol, use of a revolver is permitted with prior approval.
- 200 rounds of ammunition (Factory ammo only. No home reloads allowed due to insurance.)
- Belt holster
- 3 magazines minimum and method of carry**
- Eye protection (clear or yellow for indoor courses)
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Vest, coat or shirt for concealed carry training (optional)
- Baseball style hat (to keep brass from getting behind eye pro)
- Personal food (optional). Beverages will be provided and while we will not take a formal break, you may eat during the classroom portion if you choose.
Additional Course Information
Class size: Limited to 10 students (5 Couples)
Length: 8 hours total
Tuition: $175 per student ($150 for alumni)
Location and Time: Class will be held on Saturday, August 19th from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm at Liberty Firearms Institute at4990 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnston, CO. Liberty Firearms Institute is an amazing state of the art facility. For more information on the range facilities, visit their website at libertyrange.com.