Exactly the same content as the coed CCW/Basic Pistol course, this women’s only course provides tailored, comprehensive training and instruction in pistol safety and operation for women and covers everything you need to know to carry a concealed handgun in Colorado.
Note: CCW certification is also available as part of the Tactical Pistol Level 1 course and the Women’s Defensive Pistol 1 course.
Upon successful completion, you will receive the certificate necessary to apply for a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) in Colorado.
The class is taught by certified NRA instructors who believe that every woman should be able to protect herself and her loved ones, without having to deal with the typical “gun shop” attitude that only deters from equipping the citizen.
This special CCW/Basic Pistol Class is for women only and is conducted in a both professional and fun environment.
Read the testimonials from people who have trained with Makhaira Group.
- Why Carry a Concealed Handgun?
- Handgun Safety
- Choosing a Handgun and Ammunition
- Legal Use of Deadly Force
- Local, State and Federal Law
- Carrying Concealed in the Real World — tips, tricks and gray areas
- Carry methods that are both effective and reasonable for everyday life (general and female specific)
- Live-fire instruction for safety, accuracy and comfort with your pistol
- Good, working, serviceable pistol. Please bring your pistol to the course unloaded and in a case. If you do not own your own pistol, please contact us ahead before registering to inquire about a rental.
- 50 rounds of ammunition (Factory produced ammo only. No home reloads allowed due to insurance.)
- Eye and ear protection – If you do not have your own, these two items are available without cost during the range portion of class.
- Baseball style hat (to keep brass from getting behind eye pro)
- Personal food (optional). Bottled water will be provided and we will take a one hour lunch break.
- Appropriate clothing (i.e. closed-toe shoes, pants, long sleeve shirt without low neckline).
Additional Course Information
Class size: Limited to 20 students (minimum of 10)
This course will be held on Saturday, August 26th from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm at the Liberty Firearms Institute. LFI is a state of the art indoor facility. For more information on LFI, visit their website at libertyrange.com.
By registering for this course, you agree to our Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.
Questions on this class? Please contact Contact Us before registering.