The CCW/Basic Pistol Class provides comprehensive training and instruction in pistol safety and operation in addition to what you need to know to carry a concealed handgun in Colorado (legally and practically).
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive the certificate necessary to apply for a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) in Colorado.
The CCW/Basic Pistol Class is for both men and women. The class is taught by certified NRA instructors in a safe and professional classroom and range.
Class size: Limited to 20 students (minimum of 10)
- Reasons why to carry a handgun in society and why not to
- Handgun safety
- Choosing a handgun and ammunition
- Legal use of deadly force in Colorado
- Local, state, federal laws and reciprocity
- Carrying concealed in the real world — tips, tricks and gray areas
- Carry methods that are both reasonable and effective for everyday life
- Live-fire instruction and practice for safety, accuracy and comfort with your pistol
- Quality, working, serviceable pistol. Please bring your pistol to the course unloaded and in a case. If you do not own your own pistol, please contact the Makhaira Group before registering to inquire about a rental.
- 50 rounds of ammunition (Factory produced ammo only. No home reloads allowed due to insurance.)
- 2 magazine minimum.
- Eye and ear protection – If you do not have your own, loaner eye and ear protection are available.
- Baseball style hat (to keep brass from getting behind eye pro).
- Bottled water will be provided. There will be an hour break for lunch and you may eat during the classroom portion if you choose.
- Appropriate clothing (i.e. closed-toe shoes, pants, long sleeve shirt without low neckline)
Additional Course Information
Locations and Times: This course is held at Liberty Firearms Institute, 4990 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO, in the Makhaira classroom on Saturday, August 5th from 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM, with an hour lunch break between class time and range time. This is an AMAZING, state-of-the-art facility! For more information on this premier facility, go to www.libertyrange.com. You do not need to be a member of LFI to attend our course. Food is not served at this course but you are welcome to bring you own and eat during the one-hour break.
All classes charge an additional one-time fee of $7.00 for a background check for those who are new shooters at LFI.
By registering for this course, you agree to the Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.
Questions on this class? Please contact the Makhaira Group before registering.